Monday, August 15, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up / To-Do List Update

This weekend, I think I got a lot accomplished.  I think. 


Friday
Shop with my mom and Maggie - No, because they were unable to come, but I did shop by myself. :)
Buy Atticus shoes that fit - CHECK - I got them at Stride Rite.  They were having a Buy One, Get One 50% off sale.  I'm a big fan of traditional clothing and shoes for babies.  Can you tell? 

Fold and stuff diapers - CHECK
Cook dinner - CHECK - We had steak, mushrooms, and baked potatoes.  It was wonderful. :) 
Relax with Michael - CHECK 

Saturday
Hang new curtains in master bedroom - FAIL.  Dang. 
Deep clean master bedroom - FAIL (Side note:  I can't believe I'm putting this picture on the internet.  This is my bedroom floor as of 20 minutes ago.  Well, it's my bedroom floor as of right now.  I haven't touched it in the last 20 minutes.  Sigh). 

Finish unfinished sewing projects - CHECK.   I pinned a onesie like this on Pinterest a few weeks ago, and I finally finished one for Atticus.  I also finished monogramming a few bibs.  I didn't get done all of what I planned, but I did make a large dent. 

Make dessert for pool party - CHECK  - I made these Oatmeal Butterscotch cookies.  They were very good. 
Pool party - CHECK.  We had a great time.

Sunday
Strip diapers - kind of CHECK.  They are in the washing machine right now.  I didn't run low yesterday, so I didn't wash them. 
Line dry diapers - will happen later today on the hood of my car ;)
Attack mountain of laundry - CHECK.  I DID do laundry.  I did a LOT of laundry. 
Put away laundry :( - This is where I failed.  Again, I can't believe I'm posting this on the internet. 

Meal plan/make grocery list for the week - CHECK.  We're having beef roast, steak, pork chops, and baby back ribs this week.  
Bathe Elvira the beagle - Didn't happen.  She was with Michael at the boat when I was at home. 


In other news....


I saw this onesie at Target the other day.  It's a little girl's onesie, so obviously I didn't buy it for Atticus, but I love it. Well, I'd love it if it wasn't screen printed.  I don't care for screen printed clothing for little kids.  I'd rather spend a couple extra bucks and get embroidered.  (Just my opinion - not a diss on you if you like to dress your children that way.)

Elvira the beagle discovered the Boppy. She won't leave it alone now.  I don't really use it to nurse anymore, so it's just been laying around the den waiting on Elvira to make it her newest doggy bed. 


I went to see The Help last week.  I absolutely loved the book, and I thought the movie was excellent as well.  I think it holds its own as a movie, but it still follows the book closely.  If you've seen it, what did you think?



3 comments:

  1. Awesome! That was seriously a productive weekend. And you know I hold a special place in my heart for any other blogger with a beagle. It takes a special person to own one :) I linked you up in my sidebar. Thanks for hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wanting to watch "The Help." Glad to know it was a good movie. I saw that onesie too, and although I'm not really a fan of screen printed tees either, I LOVED what it said. It's a nice way to communicate to others what you're thinking LOL Cause I have definitely thought that!

    Btw, I am thinking about using cloth diapers... Can you give me some more information?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments, ladies.

    Jai, I've done a couple posts on cloth diapers. One was titled Cloth Diapers - The Hagaboater Way, and the other was Cloth Diaper Update. I think they will both be on the right sidebar since they're among my most popular posts.

    I have ordered some Sunbaby diapers. They are $60 for 12! I am almost positive they are made in a sweatshop, but, well, whatever. I ordered them anyway, and as soon as they come in and I get a chance to use them a few times, I'm going to do a review on them. The other diapers I have are roughly $20 each, so these are significantly cheaper.

    Do you have any specific questions that I didn't cover in either post? I'd be more than happy to answer any of them.

    PS I still can't believe that we live so close together. I bet we saw that onesie in the same Target. :)

    ReplyDelete