Sunday, June 19, 2011

My Daddy and My Husband

This is my Daddy.
DSC_0126
My Daddy
He's awesome times a billion to the power of 9.

First of all, he was the easier parent.  If I went to him and said, "Mom said it's okay with her if it's okay with you if I _____________," he never seemed to check with Mama.  Obviously, I never asked my mom first.

Second of all, he taught me that it's totally okay to not like visitors who don't call first, family functions, or phone calls after 8:30pm.

Third of all, he allowed me to marry Michael, and he liked Michael so much that (**BONUS POINTS**) he paid for the wedding.  And he only told me one time if I got divorced I'd have to pay them back every red cent.  

He was excited for me to get married.  It meant that he wouldn't have to pay for me anymore.  The Ashley Maintenance payments were transferred to Michael.  That's why he's so happy in this picture:
HagamanR0107

But Daddy, Mama still pays my cell phone bill. :)  You'll never be able to completely get rid of me.  

Happy Father's Day, Daddy.  I love you, and I'm glad you're stuck with me.

And this man.... The one who "took over payments"....

I will never forgive him for holding my our baby first.

DSC_0718
I guess if someone was going to get to hold him before me, Michael was who I wanted it to be.

Michael wants to do appropriate fun activities with Atticus, like, teach him how to swim when he's two months old.  The boy doesn't know those hands waving around belong to him, but sure, he can learn to swim.

DSC_0299

So I laugh at him and take pictures while secretly thinking he's also awesome times a billion to the power of 9 because he knows that even though Atticus has no flipping idea what's going on, he does know that his Daddy loves him (and also for reading The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding).

Happy Father's Day, Michael.  There's no one else I'd rather console me when I'm trying to decide if it's me or the screaming baby about to go out the window.  I'm glad we're in this together. 

1 comment:

  1. I love it. I'll have to read this to your dad!

    ReplyDelete